While I really enjoy using my “paper digital” planner, I still keep my appointments in my Google Calendar because of the functionality and because I am always near my phone. One of my biggest gripes about Google Calendar is that it can be a little drab. That’s why I was so excited when I figured out how to add images to my Google Calendar. It was so much simpler than I could have dreamed and, yes, it does work on almost all of the different platforms I’ve tried – Android, iPhone, and web!
I really enjoy using my “paper digital” planner, Google Calendar is still where I house all of my appointments and even some of my record keeping. Here are my top six reasons I still use Google Calendar:
- It’s always with me – I am almost never without my phone. Thanks to Siri and other apps, I can quickly add upcoming appointments while I am on the go.
- Ability to share – It is great to be able to easily share appointments with friends and family when I need to. When I am able to share my calendar with others, I never have to be concerned that they forgot about our plans.
- Reminders – Thanks to reminders, I don’t have to keep my plans floating around in my head. My phone or computer will give me a gentle reminder that keeps me on track (even if I haven’t opened my calendar)!
- Easy to edit – You can’t get much easier than click and drag to update appointments to a new date!
- Automation – I have many IFTTT and Zapier automations set up with my Google Calendar so that I don’t even have to manually enter or write down all of the details of a plan or record.
- Search – I can easily search back several years to find out when something happened last. So much better than needing to manually look through past years’ calendars!
If you are interested in me covering any areas above further, please let me know in the comments below!
Studio Adorkable is full of some of the cutest planner supplies I have seen! The artist, Lacey, not only is any amazing artist, but also does a great job of adding action and feeling into her characters! Check out my PR team haul to see what all Studio Adorkable has to offer!
Pick up a set from your favorite show or movie in the Studio Adorkable shop. Use the code Meryisadorkable to get 15% off your order (excludes custom work).
I am part of the Studio Adorkable PR team for this quarter and received this as part of my involvement with the team, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
**Please note that while I did show how boots could be styled with Poppyclips, I spoke with the lovely people at Poppyclips after and they are not recommended for boots or shoes. They do have an awesome product called BootClips that are designed for boots and have a much stronger magnet. You can purchase those here: https://www.poppyclips.com/poppyclips-for-boots
They are so very cute and I’m looking forward to adding them to my capsule wardrobe soon!**
I’ve been working to simplify my wardrobe since before my little girl was born. After I became a mom, I realized that I had even less space, time, and energy for upkeep and styling of my clothing and began focusing even more on creating a capsule wardrobe for myself. For me, a capsule wardrobe is full of pieces that can mix and match to create different looks and/or pieces that I am just totally in love with. It’s still a work in progress and I’m always looking for ways to add new looks to my outfits (particularly if they are inexpensive and don’t take up a lot of space).
Enter Poppyclips! Poppyclips are beautifully crafted fabric accents with strong magnets that hold them onto place on your clothing. I was so impressed with the quality of my Poppyclips and the strength of the magnets. My Poppyclips weren’t going anywhere!
These adorable little accessories add so many possibilities within a capsule wardrobe. You can add them to scarves, sleeves, pants, and even boots! Check out my video above to see how I changed one outfit into four extra looks with just one pair of Poppyclips!
Ready to expand your own wardrobe with Poppyclips? You can purchase your own pair of Poppyclips on the Poppyclips website.
Disclosure: Poppyclips sent me this set of Poppyclips in exchange for a review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this video and post are my own.
This video is based on a post from one of my much older blogs that you can read below. Since this post was originally written, I’ve made this pie many times. A true testament to just how easy this recipe is, even for a novice cook like myself!
I’m not a natural cook. While I wish I were, I guess we all have to learn somewhere. I’m slowly learning to make some of my favorites from my mom’s recipes. This past week I gave my favorite pie – Derby Pie – a shot!
It turned out great! This is an easy pie to make, even by my standards. You basically mix everything and pour it into the pie shell. In the oven, it (almost magically) turns into a beautiful pie!
It’s definitely not a healthy pie or anything like that, but it is so good!
My Momma's Derby Pie
Perfect for Derby week!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick melted butter (cooled)
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup walnut or pecan pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs.
- Add butter & mix
- Add chips & vanilla & mix
- Pour in unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- It is done when it doesn’t jiggle when you shake the pie pan.
- This pie is especially yummy if you heat it up just a bit in the microwave!
Aforementioned Thoughts http://www.aforementionedthoughts.com/
I’m SO excited to share with you my first FREEBIE for your digital planner! Earlier this week, I shared with you how to create and use your own digital sticker book in GoodNotes on the iPad Pro. This free sticker book cover will show in your notebooks area of GoodNotes so that you can easily find your sticker book (and it will look adorable!) Watch today’s video to find out how to add this as the cover of your sticker book.
To get your free sticker book cover, just subscribe to my mailing list below. And don’t worry, you’ll only receive updates you ask for and your email will never be sold.
One of the things I love the most about using my Seasonal Happy Planner digitally on my iPad Pro is that I can decorated it with all of the digital stickers I want without needing to carry around or store a huge sticker stash. Check out the video above to learn how to make your own digital sticker book and how to use those stickers in your digital planner.