This video is based on a post from one of my much older blogs that you can read below. Since this post was originally written, I’ve made this pie many times. A true testament to just how easy this recipe is, even for a novice cook like myself!
I’m not a natural cook. While I wish I were, I guess we all have to learn somewhere. I’m slowly learning to make some of my favorites from my mom’s recipes. This past week I gave my favorite pie – Derby Pie – a shot!
It turned out great! This is an easy pie to make, even by my standards. You basically mix everything and pour it into the pie shell. In the oven, it (almost magically) turns into a beautiful pie!
It’s definitely not a healthy pie or anything like that, but it is so good!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick melted butter (cooled)
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup walnut or pecan pieces
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs.
- Add butter & mix
- Add chips & vanilla & mix
- Pour in unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- It is done when it doesn’t jiggle when you shake the pie pan.
- This pie is especially yummy if you heat it up just a bit in the microwave!